Monday, June 28, 2010

Ending Randomness, Adding Structure

When I began this blog, I didn't know exactly where I was going. I knew I wanted to talk about secular books from a Christian perspective, and I knew that I had a LOT of opinions. I've been adding content fairly willy-nilly and just trying to find my style and my flow. But it is time to start adding more structure. So I'm starting with three defined goals and I'm publishing them to add in accountability (and honestly guilt) so that I do it.

Goal One:
A new review of a children's or teen novel every Thursday morning. (Morning being defined by West Coast time.)

Goal Two:
A feature on picture books every Monday.

Goal Three:
A index listing page of all reviews alphabetically.

My hope is to start this with a review on Thursday, July 1st. I'm at ALA Annual Convention right now where I've picked up some great Advanced Reader Copies to review. I'll head back home in a couple of days, but I'm doing a lot of reflecting about the state of librarianship, of children's and teen literature, and what I want from my career and this blog in particular.

I know that this blog has very few readers right now, but if you have any suggestions please let me know. And if you know anyone else who could use a Christian perspective on secular literature, please share. Somewhere in here is a goal to really start promoting this blog, but I'm not precisely sure how I want to go about that yet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment